03 November 2022 08:30 - 10:00register now
Investment and policies for sustainable and resilient African food systems
On 3 November 2022, from 09:30-11:00 CET, ECDPM and ReNAPRI are organising a side event during the 9th Annual ReNAPRI Stakeholders Conference, titled 'Investment and policies for sustainable and resilient African food systems'.
ECDPM staff involved
This session will present and discuss the results of two initiatives that provide an analytical approach to assist with the prioritization of policy reforms and investments for specific agricultural value chains and a methodology for attracting sustainable private investments into agri-food systems.
1. The Policy Prioritisation through Value chain Analysis (PPVC) approach in ReNAPRI countries, focusing on case studies in Tanzania and Kenya
2. The AgrInvest project, a FAO-ECDPM investment methodology to foster sustainable investments in African food systems (case studies in Burkina Faso and Kenya)
- Prof. Ferdi Meyer, Director of the Bureau for Food and Agricultural Policy (BFAP) and associate professor in the Department of Agricultural Economics, Extension and Rural Development at the University of Pretoria
- Cecilia D’Alessandro and Koen Dekeyser, ECDPM
Panel | Moderator Dr. Nalishebo Meebelo, Executive Director ReNAPRI Secretariat
- Massimo Pera (agricultural investment specialist FAO)
- Pamella Ahairwe (Finance expert ECDPM)
- Victor Ndiege (Chief Executive at Kenya Climate Ventures Limited)
- Dr. Lilian Kirimi (ReNAPRI Research Director (Kenya) & Tegemeo Institute)
Q&A with audience