05 June 2023 14:30 — 16:00Register now
InfoPoint conference: Evaluation of the European Union cooperation with Somalia
On 5 June from 14:30 to 16:00 CEST, ECDPM and Particip will present in an InfoPoint conference the findings, conclusions and recommendations of the strategic evaluation of the European Union’s (EU) cooperation with the Federal Republic of Somalia from 2014 to 2021.
ECDPM and Particip were commissioned to evaluate the EU’s international development cooperation with Somalia, how it connects with the support of all EU services active in Somalia and assess its linkages with EU member states and various international actors during this period. The evaluation also examined EU’s alignment with the development priorities of the government of Somalia.
The conference presentations will take stock of the challenges of EU-Somalia cooperation to help better tailor EU support to the dynamic and diverse Somali context, develop more effective and strategic engagements with government and international partners, create innovative approaches in support of particular sectors, and strengthen EU’s engagement with countries in the region.
For more information on the main findings and recommendations of the report, view the brochure linked below.
- Johanna Cress, Programme Officer, DG INTPA - Eastern and Central Africa
- David Domes, Evaluation Officer, DG INTPA - Performance, Results and Evaluation
- Volker Hauck, Lead Evaluator, Senior Executive - European Centre for Development Policy Management (ECDPM)
- Elena Ruiz Roman, Programme Officer, DG INTPA - Eastern and Central Africa
- Charles Andrew Stuart, Political Officer - Somalia, European External Action Service (EEAS)
Watch the recording of the event on DG International Partnership's website.