Vacancy: Fundraising officer (40 hours/week)
Are you interested in international cooperation and Europe-Africa relations in particular? Do you have experience in fundraising and enjoy discovering and pursuing new funding opportunities? We are looking for a dynamic person to join our fundraising and institutional relations team in Brussels.
Who are we?
The European Centre for Development Policy Management (ECDPM) is a leading independent think tank that wants to make policies in Europe and Africa work for inclusive and sustainable development. We have two offices: one in Maastricht and one in Brussels.
Our more than 60 staff members from over 25 countries worldwide provide independent research, advice and practical support to policymakers, advisors and practitioners in Europe, Africa and beyond. Our focus is on EU foreign policy and policies related to conflict, migration, governance, sustainable food systems, regional integration, business, finance and trade.
About the fundraising and institutional relations team
Our fundraising and institutional relations team helps us increase and diversify our funding base. The team builds and nurtures the relations with our institutional partners, coordinates our fundraising activities and supports our various teams in mobilising resources.
What will you be doing?
As a corporate officer in the fundraising and institutional relations team, you will:
- Contribute to the implementation and continuous development of our fundraising strategy, by increasing and diversifying our funding resources.
- Coordinate our tender processes. This includes identifying relevant tenders and calls for proposals, guiding the executive assistants on administrative requirements, carrying out quality checks on formats and lay-out for tender submissions, the reference database, and relations with potential consortium partners and consultancies.
- Build intelligence on external fundraising opportunities and collect up-to-date information about funding trends and opportunities from European and African institutions, governments and foundations.
- Coordinate our internal fundraising processes and maintain a database of current and prospective donors, partners and funding proposals.
- Help us improve our system for competitive bidding and mobilisation of programme and project funding.
- Support colleagues in writing high-quality applications and tenders, and preparing budgets in line with our donor requirements and guidelines.
- Help us manage framework contracts and relations with our consortium partners and consultancies.
You are based in our Brussels office, but will regularly visit our Maastricht office. You will report to ECDPM’s deputy director and/or the senior policy officer in the fundraising and institutional relations team.
Who are we looking for?
Our ideal candidate:
- Has a university degree in economics, international relations, social science, development or any other field related to the areas of work.
- Has experience with fundraising, donor relations and communications.
- Has at least three years of experience working in the EU, ideally in the field of fundraising.
- Has a well-developed understanding of strategic fundraising strategies.
- Is fluent in English and French.
- Has a good understanding of EU call for tenders and proposals. Knowledge of European Commission procedures, the Practical Guide to Contract Procedures for EU External Actions (PRAG), Horizon 2020 and Framework Contracts would be a plus.
- Has experience with drafting technical and financial proposals for tenders, including budgets.
- Knows how to work independently and in a team.
- Is a self-starter, takes initiative and knows how to work towards deadlines.
- Has excellent interpersonal and donor communication skills.
- Is flexible and creative.
- Has good organisational skills, attention to detail and is rigorous.
Do you meet all or most of these criteria and are you interested in joining us? We would be eager to hear from you.
What do we offer you?
- A one-year contract for 40 hours a week, with possibilities of a longer term extension upon good performance.
- A salary ranging between €40,887 and €53,482 gross per year, including a holiday and end of year allowance – depending on experience.
- A generous package of 47 leave days.
- A lot of room to grow and learn.
- A home in an international and dynamic organisation.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work from home.
If you would like to receive more information about the position or working at ECDPM, please get in touch with Karen Gielen via firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 (0)43 2057 359.
For more information about ECDPM and our areas of work, please have a look at our website.
How to apply?
If you are interested in the position, please send us a completed application form in English before Friday 26 April 2019.
You can address your application to Karen Gielen at email@example.com. The subject line of your application should read: ‘Fundraising officer’. We will not take into account incomplete or late applications.
Interviews and a written exercise will take place early May. The preferred starting date for the position is 1 June 2019.
Sign up to our news updates
Do you want to receive our weekly newsletter and/or other updates? Sign up here.