Seminar on Fragility, Security and Development in the Context of EU External Action
The overall objective of the seminar is to harmonize the understanding on the EU Comprehensive Approach and on the security and development nexus as its underlying principle for its application.
Through the seminar, the participants should:
- Acquire a comprehensive overview on EU key policy concepts, strategies, policies and actors in the field of fragility, development and crisis management.
- Enhance their understanding of current issues revolving around fragility, security and development in the EU, as well as on the international agenda, in the light of the security-development nexus.
- Develop an accurate understanding of the institutional set-up of the EU and the relevant operating procedures.
- Become familiar with the complementary roles played by different policy instruments and different actors and learning more about the EU’s comprehensive approach to external conflicts and crisis.
- Develop a network of professional contacts spanning the entire community of external policy practitioners.
ECDPM’s Volker Hauck presented and functioned as a resource persons during day one in the session on ‘comprehensive approach, fragility, development’.
LocationManagement Centre Europe
118 rue de l'Aqueduc
Security and resilienceEuropean responses to violent conflict and crisisFragility