Climate and Energy Outlook: Policy Challenges and Choices that will Shape our Common Future
With negotiations to seal the much hoped-for global climate agreement in their final leg, Friends of Europe’s 12th annual Climate and Energy Policy Summit will discuss the main challenges ahead for global leaders in view of ensuring affordable and secure energy in line with reducing CO2 emissions. Questions will include:
- Will the new global climate agreement force businesses to shift their investment decisions?
- What is the best way to finance the world’s low-carbon transition?
- What new policies, technologies and actors will shake up the energy landscape in the years to come?
- How different will the global energy-mix be in 2030 and where will gas, oil and coal fit into the low-carbon future?
- What reforms are needed to fix Europe’s electricity market(s)?
EU foreign and development policyClimate changeEnergyEurope