African states and the European Union (EU) are expected to discuss the next Africa-EU strategy in the coming months. The African Union (AU), through the appointment of the AU High Representative on the future of AU-EU Relations, started preparing for the negotiations in 2018. The AU, regional economic communities and respective member states must now ensure that the continent’s priorities are properly reflected.
Experts at this seminar will discuss the priorities that Africa’s negotiators should push for. A new ISS report that explores opportunities for a mutually beneficial partnership rooted in common principles will inform discussions.
This seminar is co-hosted by the ISS and ECDPM.
Chair: Ottilia Anna Maunganidze, Head of Special Projects, ISS
– Amb Brigitte Markussen, Head, EU Delegation to the AU
– Faten Aggad, Advisor, AU’s High-Representative on the future of AU-EU Relations
– Hafsa Maalim, Policy Analyst, AU
– Geert Laporte, Deputy Director, ECDPM
– Tsion Tadesse Abebe, Senior Researcher, ISS
Online via Zoom
Registration required, please register here.