Rhys was a Communications Officer at ECDPM from 2013-2016. He has a Masters degree in Global Politics from the University of London, and a bachelors in Economics from Cardiff University. Before joining ECDPM he was an analyst and communications assistant at Development Initiatives, where he contributed research and analysis to the Lough Erne G8 Comprehensive Accountability Report, the 2013 Global Humanitarian Assistance Report and the 2013 OECD Mutual Review of Development Effectiveness. He also managed the communications of the aidinfo programme and the International Aid Transparency Initiative.
Before this, he worked as a political campaigns manager in the UK for a high profile Member of Parliament and various Liberal Democrat London borough council groups for three years, working on numerous election campaigns.
Areas of Work
– Communications Officer for following programmes: Strengthening European External Action // Conflict, Security and Resilience // Africa’s Change Dynamics;
– Communications coordinator on all centre activities in Africa – EU / ACP-EU relations
– Strategic stakeholder engagement
– Institutional partnerships and fundraising
– Editor, the Weekly Compass newsletter
– Social, digital and multimedia strategy and implementation
– Co-managed the launch of the new ECDPM website, working on content management, new search engine optimised web copy, site structure and a stronger corporate branding and identity.
– Unit development
– Monitoring and evaluation
– Grant reporting
– Knowledge Management